Dandong Dongba Lubricating Material Co., Ltd.
Post code: 118007
Email: [email protected]
Address: 108 Building Industrial Park, Zhen'an District, Dandong City, Liaoning Province
Causes of Grease Deterioration and Treatment Methods
Grease, thick, oily, semi-solid. It is used in the friction part of the machine for lubrication and sealing. It is also used on metal surfaces to fill voids and prevent rust. It is mainly composed of mineral oil (or synthetic lubricating oil) and thickener.
(1) The color becomes black, indicating oxidative deterioration. If only one layer of the surface is discolored, you can scrape off the surface and use it as usual. It is good to check the change of pH, that is, use phenolphthalein indicator on a small amount of grease, mix well, twist it with your fingers, if it is red, it means that the grease remains alkaline; if it does not change color, it means that the grease has become Acidic. In general, acidified grease cannot be used on expensive instruments to avoid corrosion, but it can be used in a lower standard and used on rougher equipment that is not afraid of corrosion.
(2) The formation of a rubber film on the surface is also an oxidation phenomenon, especially for grease made with dry vegetable oil, which is prone to occur. The treatment method is the same as above.
(3) Oil evolution indicates that colloidal stability has been destroyed. When the oil is slightly separated, the surface oil can be removed, and most of the remaining oil can still be used; but try not to use it in high temperature and high load parts. Severely oily products cannot be used.
(4) Because of absorbing moisture or leaking into rainwater, surface emulsification is easy to occur in grease. If the emulsified portion is completely removed, the remaining portion can still be used. When emulsification is severe, the remainder may contain water above the standard. This can be judged from the color. The more water, the lighter the grease color, the darker the luster and the more transparent it is.
(5) One of the reasons for the thinning of the grease is that the storage temperature is too high, or the consistency cannot be restored. Another reason is that the pH has changed (check with a phenolphthalein indicator).
Disclaimer: This article is only for communication and learning. The copyright belongs to the original author. Some of the articles could not be contacted in time when the article was pushed. !! !!